The Canadian Limousin Association is pleased to partner with Masterfeeds in administering the Masterfeeds Limousin Show Cattle of the Year awards, which are determined based on a points system. The following titles are given out annually, with the announcement of the winning cattle occurring at Canadian Western Agribition at the end of November.
Show Bull of the Year
Show Female of the Year
Show Sire of the Year
Show Dam of the Year
Please see below for further information and rules pertaining to the points allocation:
- Each show must complete the following in order to have the results of their show count towards points: 1) Submit a POINTS SHOW QUALIFICATION FORM along with complete show results to the CLA office within two weeks of the completion of the show to keep the point tallies current. Show results must include registration number, name, tattoo, birth date, and exhibitor for all animals in the class, not just the top placers.
- If you win a supreme title at a show with a Limousin animal please fill out a SUPREME POINTS FORM within two weeks of the completion of the show in order to receive supreme points. In order to receive supreme points the show where those points were earned at must have had 30 head of cattle of any breed on-site. You will only receive supreme points, no class or division points unless there were 30 head of Limousin cattle at the show, in which case you are eligible for all.
- In order to count towards class and division points, a show must have a minimum of 30 purebred and/or fullblood Limousin animals on-site. Percentage Limousin cattle do not count towards the head count at the show.
- All animals have to be registered at the time of the show to get points, including calves at side of females in pair classes.
- All animals born in 2016 or later must be tagged with a Limousin branded pink CCIA tag. All animals born in 2015 or earlier are grandfathered into this rule and may show with the traditional yellow CCIA tag. Animals/pairs not adhering to this rule will still count towards the overall head count at the show, however the animal/pair itself will not qualify for points.
- In the event of a tie, the points earned at the National Show that year will be the tie breaker.
- The Canadian Junior Limousin Association National Junior Show NO LONGER counts as a qualifying show as of July 14, 2016.
Points for shows with 30 head to 49 head at the show:
1st - 6
2nd - 5
3rd - 4
4th - 3
5th - 2
Division Champion - 6
Reserve - 4
Grand Champion - 12
Reserve - 8
Points for shows with 49 head to 99 head at the show:
1st - 8
2nd - 7
3rd - 6
4th - 5
5th - 4
Division Champion - 8
Reserve - 6
Grand Champion - 16
Reserve - 12
Points for shows with 100 head or more at the show and the designated National Show:
1st - 10
2nd - 9
3rd - 8
4th - 7
5th - 6
Division Champion - 10
Reserve - 8
Grand Champion - 20
Reserve - 16
Supreme winners get 10 points. No points for Reserve Supreme.
Points are awarded to the animal, its dam and its sire.
The Canadian Limousin Association and it's members thank Masterfeeds for their continued sponsorship of the Masterfeeds Show Cattle of the Year awards.
Copyright 2023 Canadian Limousin Association | All Rights Reserved | Designed by 5 Gallon Creative